Welcome To Personal Best forum,

We have loads of free Comps each month with prizes such as bait and tackle to give away,
and prizes every 3 months for Top Poster,Best thread and best advice.
So it well worth getting involed.

Thanks alot.

Cheers

Top Camper

Enjoy.

All the best

P.B Admin
Welcome To Personal Best forum,

We have loads of free Comps each month with prizes such as bait and tackle to give away,
and prizes every 3 months for Top Poster,Best thread and best advice.
So it well worth getting involed.

Thanks alot.

Cheers

Top Camper

Enjoy.

All the best

P.B Admin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.PersonalBestForum.Com

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Personal Best Forum....Bang On Baits....Eric's Angling.....E.F.extremeFishingSport

guide to preparing Particles

Go down 
+3
josh
dave.w
popup
7 posters
AuthorMessage
popup
Big Blager
Big Blager
popup

Where you fish: : dorset

guide to preparing Particles Empty
PostSubject: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:14 am

Particle, Pre-soak minimum (hours), Boil/Simmer (minutes)
TIGER NUTS 24 30
MINI TIGER NUTS 24 30
JUMBO TIGER NUTS 24 30
CHICK PEAS 12-18 30
HEMP SEED 24 Until kernels split
LARGE HEMP SEED 24 Until kernels split
TARES 12-18 30
MAPLE PEAS 12-18 30
MILO 6 30
FRENCH MAIZE 24 30
BUCK WHEAT 6 10
GRADED WHEAT 6 15
GRADED BARLEY 6 15
PEANUT KERNELS 24 30
ADZUKI BEANS 24 30
WHOLE BRAZILS 24 30
BROKEN BRAZILS 12-18 30
HARICOT BEANS 12-18 30
RED KIDNEY BEANS 12-18 30
PINTO BEANS 12-18 30
SOYA BEANS 12-18 30
BIRD MIXES * 6 15
MAIZE 12-18 30
RED MAIZE 24 30
SWEET LUPINS 24 30

bird seed mixes must not contain peanuts, these may be hazardous to the fish.

NOTES

Hemp - during certain times of the year, when hemp becomes difficult to split, follow the above process and then wash it with fresh water, pour boiling water back onto it and leave it to soak in a bucket or pail until it splits (maybe a further 24-48hrs). Don’t panic it will split!

When any product is boiled or heat treated the molecular structure and nutritional profile (including attraction properties) are denatured and damaged. This means that the less boiling time required to make the particles suitable for use, the better. However, it is vital to ensure particle baits are correctly prepared to avoid fish damage. Therefore, pre-soak particles for longer than usual, making required boiling times shorter.

To improve attraction properties, leave the boiled particles to soak and partly ferment in their naturally occurring sugars that remain in the boiling water. After several days certain particles will start to form a caramelising liquid that makes the final particle much more attractive.

Tiny particles such as hemp, wheat, barley, dari, rapeseed, or mixes of tiny birdseeds, can also be prepared by putting in a lidded bucket or coolbox overnight, with boiling water added.

Peanuts MUST be human grade, non-human grade nuts may contain the Aflotoxin fungus, which KILLS FISH. If in doubt, don't use them, or buy peanuts from the Supermarket still in their shells.

Maximising soaking times and minimising boil times will result in better nutrient levels in the finished particles. Most particles can be soaked for up to a week before boiling,
Back to top Go down
dave.w
Life Time Member
Life Time Member
dave.w

Where you fish: : p

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 am

nice list popup much easyer nower days to go buy the pots of ready prepaired .
but very usefull if someone buys a sack at a time i do with hemp and wheat fishing
Back to top Go down
josh
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

Where you fish: : Barkers, Stanwick

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:39 pm

I normally do my hemp and birdfood myself, have done peanuts before though. Does anyone know where I could get a tin/jar of preapared peanuts? I dont use them much and use them for hookbaits only to be honest.
Back to top Go down
ptomenson22
Top Talker
Top Talker

Where you fish: : Woodside Waters

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:27 pm

A great list but how much does that cost
Back to top Go down
beanz
Big Blager
Big Blager
beanz

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 3:09 pm

good info pop up

its loads cheaper buying a sack and preping it your self,hemp in the dynamite tubs is £10 or so ,the same about made at home is a £1 , 2 at most.

can always have some frozen for when you go on spur
Back to top Go down
snip1
Loves To Chat
Loves To Chat
snip1

Where you fish: : W2 and swangey

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 am

Much better preparing your on then you can add any little extras you feel will give you an edge, like garlic chillies salt during the preparation, plus like Beanz said it's way cheaper.
Back to top Go down
popup
Big Blager
Big Blager
popup

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:13 am

hi josh have a look on www.ccmoore.com for your peanuts
Back to top Go down
popup
Big Blager
Big Blager
popup

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 am

ptomenson22 how much does what cost ? if how have a look on CC Moors this will give you a guide
to what it all cost's www.ccmoore.com
Back to top Go down
dave.w
Life Time Member
Life Time Member
dave.w

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:13 am

ptomenson22 wrote:
A great list but how much does that cost

if you got a pet suppliers near you ask in there m8 as most of the stuff can be brought from these places ok fishing fishing
Back to top Go down
popup
Big Blager
Big Blager
popup

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:36 am

If you give CC Moores a ring or order on line i think that you get 10% off your order and all there Particles are top grade
Back to top Go down
ptomenson22
Top Talker
Top Talker

Where you fish: : Woodside Waters

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:22 am

Cheers M8
Back to top Go down
dave.w
Life Time Member
Life Time Member
dave.w

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:50 am

popup wrote:
If you give CC Moores a ring or order on line i think that you get 10% off your order and all there Particles are top grade

try hinders too they good stuff m8 fishing fishing
Back to top Go down
popup
Big Blager
Big Blager
popup

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:13 pm

i have have been to hinders shop and been to CC Moores and found that CC Moores is cheaper
Back to top Go down
blank
Small Talker
Small Talker

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:26 pm

popup wrote:
i have have been to hinders shop and been to CC Moores and found that CC Moores is cheaper
There both over priced get down to an animal feeds place half the price of hinders or CCMOORE its the same stuff but its not in fishing packages to catch the anglers.Dont get me wrong i use cc moore but not for particles pellets or any thing else i can get cheaper anywhere else
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: guide to preparing Particles   guide to preparing Particles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

guide to preparing Particles
Page 1 of 1